Happy Birthday To Us!
It was on the all-too-familiar Pacific Highway between Sydney and Byron – en route to another Splendour in the Grass – the words “Architects of Entertainment” were first uttered. It’s hard to believe but it’s now been two years since AoE first opened its doors, and we’re back at Splendour, ready for our biggest show yet.
Since our two fearless leaders Haydn and Nathaniel teamed up in 2015, we have:
- Cut the ribbon on our home at The Big House in Beaconsfield
- Settled in to our central coast HQ, The Farm House (for all your asset storage needs)
- Grown from a tiny team of two, to a blooming bunch of five (and counting)
- Launched our partnership with the Australian Institute of Music, establishing the AoE ENGAGE intern program
- Travelled thousands of miles across Australia and beyond to produce, design and manage some of the world’s best festivals
- Presented our own show, BAD Friday, with our partners at The Music & Booze Company (stay tuned for details on next year’s show)
- Smashed out this very website (sexy, no?)
- And made countless new friends (some of whom we’re very excited to introduce you to in the coming weeks)
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. There’s a lot more to come as we enter year three. Thanks to all of you who’ve shared this journey with us, and to those who’s helped us get where we are. So, yeah, happy birthday to us. Buy us a beer pls.
Feature Image: Rebecca Houlden